Chef Roy Choi calls indulging in this perfect instant ramen recipe a bonding experience. He explains that it was a staple in his home growing up that followed him throughout college and beyond; a dish so common that he likens it to a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. The recipe is simple; the result, delicious. Here's how to try it for yourself:
1 pack Shin Ramyun (or another brand of instant ramen)
2 1/2 cups of water
2 slices of American cheese
1/4 tsp toasted sesame seeds
1/2 tsp butter
1. Bring the 2 1/2 cups of water to a boil and add the package of instant ramen to it. After allowing the noodles to cook for 2 minutes, add the flavor packet.
2. Cook for 3 more minutes and turn off heat.
3. Crack egg into saucepan and allow to poach.
4. Pour ramen into serving bowl without breaking the egg.
5. Add American cheese, chopped scallions, sesame seeds, and butter.
Don't let the simple ingredients fool you. From his kogi trucks to a restaurant empire, Roy Choi undoubtedly knows what he's doing. To see the chef in action, check out the video below.
Featured Image via YouTube