If your family is like a majority of families out there, your fridge is filled with left overs. A lot of people do not want to eat the same dinner two days in a row, but do so to get rid of left overs. What if there was a way to make a completely new meal just using left overs? Here are two recipes that will not only impress your family and guests, but will also empty out your fridge.
[caption id=“attachment_8638” align=“aligncenter” width=“846”] life-in-the-lofthouse.com[/caption]
Fried rice is one of the easiest dishes to make! It is supposed to be a mixture of a bunch of different ingredients. If you have left over chicken or rice, you have almost everything you need to make this dish!
What you need:
- Left over chicken or Bacon
- Soy sauce
- Olive Oil
- 1 Onion
- 1 egg
- Left over Corn
- Left over Peas
- Left over Carrots
- Garlic powder
- Cut left over chicken or bacon into small cubes or strips
- If you do not have left over rice, cook one serving of rice
- Chop a quarter of an onion into the smallest possible pieces
- Chop left over carrots into small pieces
- Beat one egg in a bowl
- Heat up a large skillet to medium while adding Olive Oil
- Add the quarter of an onion that you chopped to the skillet
- Wait until the onions are browned before adding in chicken or bacon
- When the chicken or bacon is added, sprinkle a lite amount of salt, pepper, soy sauce, and garlic powder
- Add in corn, peas, and carrots
- When chicken or bacon looks like it is warmed up, add in your beaten egg
- Move around and mix egg with the onions, peas, carrots, and chicken (egg should have a scrambled egg texture)
- Once your onions, chicken, egg, peas, carrots, and corn are mixed, add rice into the skillet
- Add a generous amount of olive oil and soy sauce to rice
- Mix all ingredients till it looks evenly mixed
- Add more salt, pepper, and garlic
- Taste rice and see if it needs more soy sauce or salt and pepper
- Once rice is hot and brown from the soy sauce, it is ready to be served!
[caption id=“attachment_8639” align=“aligncenter” width=“846”] delish.com[/caption]
This dish is easy and will please any seafood lover.
What you need:
- Left over shrimp
- 2 TBSP of Butter
- Olive Oil
- Left over pasta (with no sauce)
- Basil leaves
- Cherry tomatoes
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- Parmesan Cheese
- Chop up Garlic into the smallest possible pieces
- Cut Cherry Tomatoes either in half or into fourths
- Warm up Pasta lightly in microwave
- Heat up skillet on stove to a medium temperature
- Melt butter in skillet
- Add garlic to skillet
- Once garlic is browned, add left over shrimp to skillet
- Once shrimp is browned, add cherry tomatoes and basil
- Add Olive Oil if needed
- Once ingredients are all mixed and heated, add in pasta
- Lightly add more Olive Oil
- Season with Salt and pepper
- Once everything is heated and mixed well, add onto plate and sprinkle parmesan cheese!
- Bon appetit!
Nobody likes throwing away and wasting food. Now with these recipes, nothing will go to waste!