Attempting to find the right rendezvous for Valentine’s Day is always tricky. This is the one day of the year when you are allowed and expected to go overboard. However, you are competing against the crowds of other couples who are doing the exact same thing for you. So how do you compete with them and create a memorable experience? Here are some date ideas for you to take advantage-
- Create your own outdoor or indoor movie theater- It depends on where you live and what you have access to that will depend on how you can do this, but you can find a projector that connects to a DVD player for relatively cheap. Set this up outside or in an appropriate place indoors and create your own, private, comfortable movie theater. Make sure to pick your date's favorite movie for the occasion and load up on popcorn and snacks.
- Grab takeout- Find one of your date’s favorite restaurants and get take out. Most dine in places are already booked for Valentine’s Day so do the next best thing and add a personal touch. Be creative and add a little class to the table setting that cannot be replicated at a cold, get them in and out, for-profit dining establishment.
- Find a local observatory or planetarium- If looking at the stars is romantic than this will take it to the next level. Grab your date and gaze upon the majesty of the universe while allowing the awe of the stars to send them into a celestial wonder at your creativity and thoughtfulness.
- Discover a nearby park or monument- Most places have within an hour drive a popular park or monument which can be enjoyed even in the evening. Depending on where you live this may be more difficult, but those of you near big cities should have no problem finding something that can be used as a different venue for your date. Big cities often have canals, unique buildings and museums, river walks, and a number of different things a couple can experience together.
- Christmas in February- Surprise your date with a Christmas tree decorated with hearts and lovey-dovey ornaments while littering the bottom of the tree with Valentine Day gifts. Then sprinkle the floor with rose petals and adorn the room in red lights. Return home from your date out and surprise them with the utterly unforgettable. Be prepared, though, because you will certainly be rewarded for your efforts.