Essential oils have become quite popular. The health benefit claims and rave reviews of how they have helped people and actually work may leave a person wondering how to get started. Here is a list of the five most popular oils and the benefits that go with them.
- LEMON - Lemon Essential Oil has a medium-strength clean, fresh, citrusy, and fruity aroma. When diffused it’s refreshing and vibrant scent conjures thoughts of cleanliness and uplifts the mood. Lemon is also ideal for skin care, Do It Yourself cleaners and to remove sticky residue.
- PEPPERMINT - Peppermint Essential Oil has a strong fresh, cool, invigorating minty aroma. This oil when diffused helps enhance the mood, easing tension and overwhelming emotions. Peppermint may also help with healthy respiratory function and clear breathing.When properly diluted, it has an icy-hot effect on skin, which can be used for soothing muscles due to overexertion or overuse.
- LAVENDER - Lavender Essential Oil has a medium-strength floral, herbaceous, sweet aroma. When diffused it’s gentle; soothing properties creates a calming effect. Used prior to bedtime for a restful night’s sleep. This universal oil is extensively used in soaps, bath oils, Do It Yourself skin care, and linen sprays.
- TEA TREE - Tea Tree oil has a strong fresh, medicinal, green wood aroma. When diffused this oil helps to purify and freshen the air. Tea tree is a strong yet gentle oil to use in skin and hair care routines, helping to clear blemishes and other problem skin areas. Use the oil in natural Do It Yourself cleaning products, including surface cleaners and soaps.
- PINK GRAPEFRUIT - Pink Grapefruit Essential Oil has a sweet, juicy fresh citrus aroma. When diffused the bright, clean scent promotes balance from everyday mental fatigue and also aiding sharper mental function. Pink Grapefruit works great for oily skin, Do It Yourself cleaners, and used as a spritz to encourage a joyful mood and purify the air.
Beginners should start with trying the oils in a diffuser; there are many choices out there with a wide range of prices. With a little research and reading reviews, they can choose one that is the best option for them. Once diffusing becomes a part of their lives, they can then move on to all kinds of different applications. Lotions, Do It Yourself cleaners, massage oils. The list is endless.