Nowadays, smoking is no longer fun. Many people have turned to vaping which is somehow enjoyable. This is definitely because of the many vape juice flavors available in vape shops. It’s no longer about enduring the horrible smell of plain tobacco or marijuana.
Weed lovers do not smoke it anymore. Instead, they inhale a steam of THC vape juice through vape pens or mods. It gives the same effects as smoking but it is more comfortable as no smoke is involved.
Now, want to know more about THC vape juice? Check this out.
What is THC vape juice?
This is a cannabis e-liquid concentrate that contains high levels of tetrahydrocannabinol; sometimes as high as 90%. It is vaporized and inhaled through an electric cigarette. The THC vape juice is used by marijuana users who prefer vaping to smoking. It is basically prepared the same way other cannabis concentrates are.
Effects of THC vape juice
Depending on your body type, you may experience the effects of this vape juice in different intensities. The following are some of the possible effects.
• Distortion of time
Also, the concentration of your vape juice greatly determines what you may feel afterwards. Concentrated THC strains can completely change the body functions and behavior.
For beginners, it can even be worse. Excess vaping of THC can cause unconsciousness, vomiting, paranoia, and anxiety among other effects. You should be very careful when it comes to dosage and THC vaping.
You can purchase a beginner’s vaping guide from a vape store near me. Following strict instructions can save you a big deal. If you’re vaping for the first time, have someone to look after you just in case everything gets out of control. Make sure you vape what your body system can handle.
Is it possible to make your own THC vape juice?
Yes. You can completely avoid going to the vape shop and manufacture some THC liquid at home. This is especially if you live in a place where cannabis is illegal. Spotting a running THC vape shop may be close to impossible. There are three methods of making it the DIY way. However, each method has its own good and bad side.
1. Long-term extraction
This is the easiest method of making your THC juice at home. However, many people do not like it since it takes a long time to be ready. This is how to do it.
• Mix Propylene Glycol (PG) and Vegetable Glycerin (VG) in the ratio of 2:3.
• Grind your cannabis buds into a coarse powder, spread it on a baking tray, and cover it with foil.
• Preheat your oven at 121 degrees Celsius and bake your cannabis powder for about 40 minutes. Remove it and let it cool. This process helps in decarboxylating it. This is simply turning THCa into THC.
• Once it has cooled, place it in a jar and mix with your first mixture of Vegetable Glycerin and Propylene Glycol. Make sure the buds get saturated in the mixture and the PG/VG mixture covers all of them.
• Stir the mixture, close it with a tight lid, and store it in a cool dark place for three months. You can be stirring once in a while and adding more PG/VG mixture if need be.
• Once the three months have elapsed, place a rice press on a jar and line it with layers of cheesecloth.
• Stir your mixture one last time and pour it over the rice press into the jar. You can squeeze it for some time.
• You’ll be left with a clean THC vape liquid.
2. Short-term extraction
There’s no big difference between this method and the long-term one. Only that this one involves heat.
• Just like in the first method, mix VG and PG in the ratio of 3:2.
• Crash you cannabis buds and leave them a bit coarse.
• Bake your cannabis crashed buds at 121 degrees Celsius for about 40 minutes and let them cool.
• Mix them with the VG/PG mixture and place it in a jar with the buds saturated but completely covered.
• Using a double heating pot, pour water in the first pot, about an inch high and some other water in the other pot. Heat until it reaches a constant temperature of 105 degrees Celsius. Make sure you use a thermometer to confirm this.
• Place the jar in the pot and monitor the temperature of the cannabis mixture until it reaches 85 degrees Celsius. Maintain it at that temperature. Do this for one hour, occasionally stirring the jar contents and adding more VG/PG mixture if need be.
• After one hour, let the mixture cool. Place a rice press over a jug and add layers of cheese cloth. Pour the mixture over it and let it drain inside. You’ll be left with a clean THC liquid, ready for vaping.
3. Rosin extraction
This method involves making Rosin wax out of fresh cannabis buds using a hair straightener or Rosin press. It is a more preferred way since you can easily control the strength of your final THC vape juice.
• Pack your cannabis flowers into compact bundles that can fit into your hair straightener.
• Make sure you press your weed nugs between 120 and 140 degrees Celsius.
• Place your cannabis into a parchment paper and squeeze it using the press. Do this for about 5 seconds before you take the nugs and the paper aside for cooling.
• Using other bundles, repeat the process until you get about 0.5g of Rosin.
• Put your parchment papers in a freezer and let it cool. You can then scrap off the frozen THC.
• In a Pyrex glass, mix 1ml of VG/PG mixture with o.5g Rosin.
• To melt the wax, heat some water and pour it in a bowl. Place the Pyrex glass in the bowl and let the wax melt into a clean THC vape juice.
How should you store your THC vape juice?
Once you’ve made your vape juice, you may want to store it since you can’t vape all of it at once. These are the measures you should put in place for long-term storage.
1. Place it in a small glass dropper bottle.
2. Use a glass bottle instead of plastic.
3. Use opaque and dark-green or brown bottles instead of transparent ones to prevent UV damage.
4. You can also store it in a refrigerator.
Responsible vaping isn’t that bad. You can enjoy to the fullest and still save yourself from serious vaping effects. Make sure you follow the right dosage. In case you’ve prepared your own THC vape juice at home, start with little by little to avoid overdosing. You don’t want anything tragic.