One of the easiest meals can come by way of the egg. The egg is a healthy food in moderation, and each one contains 6 grams of protein. The easiest way to prepare for your week of meals is to incorporate the hard boiled egg. It is much less messy to cook and you can pre-cook the for later usage. That being said here are a couple of easy recipes that will allow you to enjoy your hard boiled eggs in exciting new ways beyond the traditional Deviled Egg. Before I reveal these recipes, however, I want to make sure you know the best way to prepare your eggs.
- Cooking hard boiled eggs:
- Depending on how many you want to prepare will depend on the size of your pot. For ten eggs use a two quart pot with a lid. Fill the pot about a third of the way with water, then place in your eggs. Put the lid on and bring the water to a boil. Once the water boils, let it continue at medium-high heat for about ten minutes. Then turn the burner off, take off the lid, and let the eggs sit for about twenty minutes. If you accidentally let them sit longer, do not worry, they should still be fine. Once this is done, you can quickly run cold water over them and stick them in the refrigerator.
- Shelling your egg:
- The best way to remove the shell from your egg is to run cold water on it and then bang the top of the egg on a hard surface. This procedure should allow your egg shell to come apart in nice large pieces.
- Mashed Garlic Eggs:
- For one serving take two hard boiled eggs and mash them in a bowl. Add a tablespoon of Mayonnaise or Ranch (Your preference). Then add Garlic and Herb Salt to your particular taste and stir together. Now you have an exciting new way to eat your otherwise dull hard boiled egg.
- Lone Star Cereal:
- For one serving take two hard boiled eggs and mash them in a bowl. Add three ounces of Grilled Chicken Breast Strips with Rib Meat to the bowl, reuniting the mother with the baby. Then add two tablespoons of your favorite barbecue sauce and stir together. And that there is a meal fit for a gourmet cowboy…Enjoy Pardner!