Isn't Acne the worst? It seem like Acne waits for the most inconvenient moments to show up, like that date you had on Friday night. You are not alone though. According to professions at Nu Skin, “60 million Americans have active Acne (20 percent of whom are adults); of the 85 percent of young adults (between ages 12 and 24) who suffer from Acne, 25 percent will have permanent scars from Acne.” In order to learn how to fix Acne, one must know what exactly causes it. Acne occurs when your pores are clogged with excess oil and dead skin cells. When people think about how to treat their acne, they mainly think about treating it from the outside, such as with a topical cream like Differin. What most people do not know is that treating and healing acne starts from within. There are certain foods that are making you break out, and others that will keep those pesky pimples off of your face.
Foods That Make You Break Out
There are certain foods out there that raise your blood sugar. You are probably asking yourself, “what does raising your blood sugar have to do with Acne?” Well, here is your answer! When your blood sugar spikes quickly, your body releases a whole lot of the hormone Insulin. Releasing an excess amount of Insulin makes your skin produce more oil, resulting in Acne. Here are high glycemic carbohydrates that may be the culprits behind your Acne:
- Drinks such as Sodas and Juices with a high sugar content
- White Bread
Foods That Help Treat And Get Rid Of Acne
There are so many amazing foods out there that not only taste great, but also make your skin look flawless!
- Salmon – omega 3 healthy fatty acids are essential for making new cells. When you build new skin cells, your skin will be and look healthier. According to Healthline.com, “Studies largely support the connection between an increase in consumption of omega-3s and antioxidants and a decrease in acne.”
- Water – Drown Acne away by drinking water! Drinking a ton of water daily flushes toxins that can be causing your skin to break out. People think that you have to dry out your skin in order to make it clear, but it is quite the opposite. Keeping your skin hydrated will help with the renewal process of your skin.
- Nuts – Go nuts! This delicious little snack has a quality that helps keep your skin clear, Zinc. Zinc is a powerful anti-inflammatory agent that also boost your immune system.
- Probiotics – Although Dairy is linked to causing Acne, Probiotics like Yogurt can decrease excess oil production in your skin.
- Veggies and Berries – Antioxidants are essential for a good complexion. Antioxidants protect your body from the elements. Veggies and Berries are rich in vitamins and antioxidants that keep your skin healthy and consistently clear.
The battle against Acne can be a hard one. It takes a lot of good strategy to come out victorious, but it is totally possible. By reading this list of what foods you need to add and omit from your diet, you can gear up for your battle with Acne.