Ten years ago an amazing feat had been achieved. One of the most spectacular films of nature was created, and it awed its audience. Now in 2017, the sequel is released. This is a movie that does not only continue the story of the planet Earth but enhances it. With new technology and additional environments incorporated, David Attenborough takes his spectators on a thrilling ride through some of the most unique and rare wildlife filled ecosystems on the third rock from the Sun.
The crew traveled to almost every type of habitat to capture life from the view of the animals themselves. Permeated with an environmental message and presented in an extraordinary way, this piece will launch you around the globe and through its grasslands, deserts, jungles, mountains, islands, and cities. From the beginning viewers are immersed in the very homes and daily activities of the animals that are featured. Elephants, Sloths, Bears, Komodo Dragons, and yes, even the elusive Snow Leopards are part of this spellbinding video series. There are many other animals to be fascinated by as well, but the ecosystems are equally brilliant. You can purchase the DVD from Amazon or visit BBC One on the Web.
Here are a few of the animals you will meet-
- Islands– In this habitat you will encounter the Pygmy Three-Toed Sloth at Escudo Island, Panama; The Komodo Dragon at the Komodo and Rinca Islands, Indonesia; The Marine Iguanas at Fernandina, Galapagos; The Chinstrap Penguins at Zavodovski Island (Midway between South America and Antarctica)
- Mountains– In this rugged terrain you will be immersed with the Snow Leopards at Himalayas, Ladakh, India; The Golden Eagle in the French Alps; The Grizzly Bear at Alberta, Canada; Bobcats in Yellowstone National Park, USA
- Jungles– Bioluminescent Fungi will illuminate your eyes from the Coconut Forest, Brazil: The Birds of Paradise at West Papua, Indonesia
- Deserts– Watch out! Here comes a swarm of Locust from South West Madagascar; Golden Mole in Namib Desert, Namibia; Bats vs Scorpions in the Negev Desert, Israel
- Grasslands– Be cautious as there may be Swamp Lions nearby from the Okavango Delta, Botswana; Serval Cat in Karoo, South Africa
- Cities– They have attacked two hundred people in Mumbai, India in the past 25 years…so beware of these Leopards; Peregrine Falcons in New York, USA; Hyenas at Harar, Ethiopia