When most people think of romantic cities they imagine Paris, Rome, Venice, and maybe New York, but what about all of the rest? One of the most romantic cities, anytime of the year, contains more fanciful locations than anywhere in the United States. During the day or night, San Francisco offers lovers a chance to spend an amorous date together that couldn’t be replicated anywhere else.
Romantic activities to do during the day-
- Start with Breakfast at Louis’, a tiny diner with an overview of the cliffs, the ruins of the Sutro Baths, and the Ocean. Founded by a Greek immigrant in 1937, you will not be disappointed with this unusual but romantic start to your day. Then after eating, you and your companion can hike down to the rocks by the sea.
- Enjoy a walk through the Japanese Tea Garden in Golden Gate Park.
- Delight in a picnic at Alamo Square Park as you gaze upon the famous row of houses called the “Painted Ladies.”
- Or if you have a taste for chocolate and the beach, then head to Ghirardelli Square grab some of their famous sweets and head down to the beach area for a pleasant maritime lunch.
- If your not the picnicking type, then you and your intimate friend can try lunch at Pier 39 at Fisherman’s Warf. Here you can also try a variety of different foods including Clam Chowder in a Sour Dough Bread Bowl or eat at one of their fantastic restaurants. You might even want to hover around the outside of the pier to “play” with the sea lions.
- A final romantic adventure that can be enjoyed during the daylight hours is a walk up to Coit Tower. A beautiful piece of architecture that stands above the city will give you both an eagle eye’s view to your entire playground.
Romantic exploits to engage in during the evening-
- When the sun goes down, and the moon rises over the bay, the town lights up with a shimmering glow and paints a passionate picture that one would have to be dead to ignore. Head to none other than the Golden Gate Bridge. Cross the bridge to the other side and drive up to the overlook. If the moon is out, then this will sketch a memorable moment in your relationship that will surely last forever.
- Take a walk down any street in the Nob Hill or Fisherman’s Warf District for an exciting adventure where you and your companion can discover different restaurants, pubs, or other nightlife.
- Enjoy a cruise on the Bay while eating dinner. Ride under the GG Bridge after sailing past Alcatraz and the Palace of Fine Arts while gazing out at the stars.
- Stay at one of the popular Fisherman Warf hotels. The Sheraton is an excellent choice where you can relax outside by one of their fire pits, or you can drive across the Golden Gate Bridge and spend the evening in Sausalito with its many boutique hotels that overlook the Bay.